Sunday, February 26, 2012

Forgiveness

The bible study I am currently doing is about learning how to really pray, and how to develop a quiet time with God.  The chapters we have been studying have been about confessing our sins to God, acknowledging that they are wrong, and then accepting that they are forgiven.  I don't know about you, but one of the things I have always had the hardest time understanding is that we are instantly forgiven once we  truly confess to our sins.  I think the reason I have such a hard time with it is because we are human and we want to hold grudges, so forgiveness takes so much work for us.  The bible tells us it is true though, so I know that it is.  “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9  I am so, so thankful that we have a Lord who is willing to wipe our slate clean every time we mess up.  All we have to do is ask Him. How amazing is that??

No comments:

Post a Comment