Tuesday, February 28, 2012

little reminders....

I was doing my bible study homework on thankfulness (You know I love this week's chapter!) when I had one of the most amazing "aha" moments with God.  It was talking about how He sometimes uses times of tragedy to allow us to later comfort someone who is going through similar.  I instantly thought of a girl I went to high school with who had lost her brother in a car accident.  A couple of years later, when my ex boyfriend Matt was also killed in a car accident, she reached out to me and sent me some books that had helped her as well as a journal to write to him in.  It was one of the most thoughtful things anyone could have done for me in a time when most people didn't know what to say.  As I was reading "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and God of all comfort; who comforts us in all our afflictions so that we will be able to comfort those who are in any affliction with the comfort with which we are comforted by God." 2 Corinthians 1:3-4, I instantly thought of her and knew I needed to contact her and tell her (10 years later) just how much that meant to me and what an impression it made on me. 
I am thankful for the little reminders God gives us in life for what to be thankful for- even 10 years later.

No comments:

Post a Comment