Saturday, February 11, 2012

Smoothies

We are doing a fitness challenge at school and one of the components is to eat 3 serving of veggies and 3 servings of fruit each day.  One of way I am getting my fruit is to have a smoothie for breakfast.  I have been making it the night before, so all I have to do is reblend to save on time, and it tastes just as good that way!  To make my yummy smoothie, you need: 1/2 cup oj, 1 3/4 cup low fat plain Greek yogurt, 1 sliced banana, 1 cup strawberries (I use frozen. Way cheaper and it give the smoothie an icy component without adding ice), 1 cup blueberries(also frozen), and 1 tbsp honey.  Blend.  It makes about 3 smoothies- just keep it in the blender in the refrigerator until the next morning and re-blend for a couple of seconds.  I am thankful to get most of my fruit servings for the day in my breakfast smoothie!

No comments:

Post a Comment