Sunday, April 8, 2012

Curacao Cooking Class

When we were in Curacao, we signed up for an excursion that was a cooking class!  It was in a 100 year old house and we walked through the town to get there and got a little of the history along the way.  Once we were there, we made cucumber and tomato salsa, hidden sardine puff pastries (I hate sardines and these were actually good!), cheese puff pastries, plantain soup, fried plantains, curacao chicken, and pumpkin pancakes with vanilla ice cream and curacao liqueur sauce.  Of course there was also plenty of wine to go along with the cooking and eating!  It was a lot of fun making the food and I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked all of it!  I always thought I hated plantains, but the plantain soup was actually delicious!  I am thankful for our fun and yummy Curacao cooking class!

No comments:

Post a Comment