Tuesday, May 22, 2012

a thankful heart

Wow, I cannot believe I have done a year's worth of thankful posts already. As cheesy as it may sound, it was a great journey!  Some of the days it was incredibly difficult to come up with something that I was thankful for (that I hadn't already written about) and I would just sit and reflect back on the day until something popped into my head.  Those moments were very cool because it made me realize all of the little things in life that I have to be thankful for...and all of those little things certainly do add up!  Other days, I was bursting at the seams to blog and I had to force myself not to ramble on and on, even though I probably could have written pages.  Through this year I have realized that I am very thankful for God's presence in my life, family, friends, and all of the small "mundane" things that we have to appreciate in order to make us happier people.  I could honestly probably blog for another 365 days about totally new things I am thankful for because I have learned to look for and find the joy in all things.  As my final blog post, I have to say that I am thankful for the fact that this blog did exactly what I wanted it to do.  I set out to better myself and find happiness in all areas of my life, and that's exactly what happened.  I am thankful for my thankful heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment