Saturday, July 16, 2011

life...

It's easy to forget how precious and short life is until tragedy hits.  Yesterday, a friend of mine from high school (who was married to a guy I grew up down the street from and am still good friends with his sister) was shot and killed yesterday in a complete random act of violence.  My heart is just so heavy and hurting from the news and I can't imagine what her family is going through, especially her sweet, young husband.  It's in times like these that you want to question and ask why, but we need to turn our hearts to God for healing instead. 
I had to do my two memory verses last night (I missed July 1 verse!) and these two spoke to me...  "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give it to you. Let your heart not be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
"Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28 
I know He is with her family and friends at this time and we can continue to pray for their healing and for justice for the man who did this.

Today I am thankful for life.  Whatever stage of it you currently are in, take a moment today to be thankful for the wonderful life you have been given. 

No comments:

Post a Comment