Tuesday, July 26, 2011

"you're every line, you're evey word, you're everything"

July 26, 2008 was without a doubt, the best day of my life.  My dad walked me down the aisle and I proudly became Mrs. Richard Allan Johnson, Jr.  In exactly one hour, Richie and I will have been happily married for three years.  :) For today's post, I am going to write about what I am most thankful for; my marriage.

 Growing up, I was always that little girl who dreamed of her wedding- in fact, there are many pictures of me in a dress up bride to prove it.  My wedding was absolute perfection- everything that I had dreamed of and more.  However, the real fairy tale came after and is what I am lucky enough to live every day.

 I loved my husband more than anything as we said our vows, but over the past three years I am amazed to say that was just the beginning.  The true intimacy of marriage is what makes that love totally different than any kind of love I have ever experienced.  I know everything about him and even his imperfections make me love him more.  When we got married, we went with the traditional vows, but now that we have been married for a few years, these are my new vows. :)

I vow to be the best wife I can be to you.  I will always make your favorite, pot roast, as soon as it begins to get cold out and will keep tomatoes and mushrooms out if your servings of food as much as possible.  I promise not to nag you too much when you leave your socks in the chair (as long as your pick them up!) I will always leave your side of the bed slightly untucked so your feet don't feel claustrophobic.  I promise to entertain your golf habit and eat your delicious bbq every time you make it! I vow to not tease you when you play online games with Stuart (not too much at least!) I promise to share Wrigley duties with you.  I vow to stand behind you wherever your job may take or lead you and always be proud of you. I will start a family with you and raise them in a loving, Christian home.  I promise to love you more and more every single day.

I love you more than I could ever express.  Happy anniversary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment