Wednesday, November 9, 2011

appreciation

I do my job because I absolutely adore what I do, however it is always nice to feel appreciated.  Yesterday, was definitely one of those days!  I walked my kids to lunch and had my leftovers with me that I was about to heat up for lunch when a parent of one of my students came in the cafeteria.  She had a Chick-Fil-A salad and Diet Dr Pepper for me for lunch as a total surprise!  If you are reading this and have kids, little gestures like that can absolutely make your child's teachers day!  It just made me feel so appreciated and happy!  Then I went to check my mailbox and had a note from my sweet CST (Curriculum Support Teacher for all you non-teachers) just telling me how much she had enjoyed being in my room that morning and what a great job she thought I was doing.  Again, such a simple gesture that went a long way with me. 

I am thankful for feeling very loved and appreciated at my job yesterday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment