Saturday, November 26, 2011

Iron Bowl

If you are an Auburn or Alabama (so sorry for you) fan, you know that every other game in the season is just a rehearsal for the only game that actually matters, The Iron Bowl.  There is truly nothing quite like the Auburn and Alabama rivalry...it is so crazy, but so fun at the same time!  There are so many "house divideds" that will barely speak on this day.  My family is included in this- I was fortunate enough to go to Auburn, while my poor brother went the that other school.  We are watching the game together today, and I am sure there will be plenty of comments made between the two of us throughout the day leading up to it, and especially during the game.  My parents always appease both of us by wearing both orange and crimson during the game, so as not to take sides.  I am thankful for the Iron Bowl and for all of the memories I have from it!

Some of my favorite Iron Bowl memories:
*Tailgating with my friends and family every year :)
*Auburn winning every year that I was in college!
*Cadillac running 80 yards for a touchdown on the first play of the game my sophomore year in college
*Last year, coming back from being behind 24-0 at halftime to win the game, and go on to win both the SEC Championship and National Championship

I'll end on this note:

WAR EAGLE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment