Thursday, November 24, 2011

Highlands

One of my favorite places ever is HIghlands, NC.  It is a precious mountain town with an adorable downtown area with restaurants and stores to wander in and out of.  There are some great hiking trails, and of course the beautiful Old Edwards Inn (If I had known about it 3 years ago, Rich and I TOTALLY would have gotten married there!)
Richie and I split our Thanksgivings with our families by spending the holiday with one family each year and then rotating.  My favorite part of Thanksgiving is the day itself; cooking together, watching the Macy's parade, and then eating. Because of that, we decided to rotate rather than try to fit in two meals in one day every year, and I must say, it has worked really well for us. 
Since all of my cousins and extended family live far away and it is just the 6 of us (my parents, Richie and I, and Robbie and Laura), my parents have started the tradition of going to Highlands and renting a cabin for Thanksgiving.  We get to make our dinner still and then enjoy the perks of this cute town, like the Christmas Tree Lighting that they have downtown.

I am thankful for Highlands and for the memories that we have made here and will (hopefully!) continue to make!

No comments:

Post a Comment