Monday, November 21, 2011

"fun" days

First graders have to learn a lot nowadays.  When I think back to first grade, I remember doing crafts, playing, and learning to read.  It is amazing the things that we teach our first grade kids, and since we have such a strenuous curriculum, it doesn't leave much time for the "fun fluff".  That's why I love short weeks like this before a break.  With only two days, we won't have a spelling test and reading test this week.  I have several kids out, so I don't want to start our new math unit without them.  Instead, we have time to have fun!  I still keep it structured because if not, it can quickly escalate to "out of control" mode.  However, we turn Disney Pandora on, and do turkey crafts and Thanksgiving word searches and all the fun things we never have time to do otherwise.  I am thankful for being able to take a couple of days to have fun with my kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment