Tuesday, September 20, 2011

acts of kindness by strangers

Yesterday afternoon I was beyond frazzled.  I was on my way to have a gall bladder ultrasound and had nothing to eat or drink for 8 hours so I was just a little grumpy to begin with.  Then on my way to St Joseph's, I was talking to my dad on the phone and missed my exit.  That meant I had to go through the toll booth, get off at Lenox, go back to the toll booth and then get off at my exit, get to the hospital, park and then get into the office all in 10 minutes.  My mom called as soon as I realized all this so I was frantically griping and trying to figure out if I even had money for the toll!  When I pulled up to the cashier, the lady dropped 50 cents in and told me that the person in front of me had paid for my toll.  Even though I was still thirsty and running late, I got a smile on my face and instantly felt some of that annoyance lift off me.  It just makes you realize that you never know what kind of day a stranger might be having and what a difference a simple act can make on their day!

No comments:

Post a Comment