Sunday, September 11, 2011

I believe in Auburn...and LOVE it!

This weekend we went to Auburn for the Auburn vs. Mississippi State game.  Friday night was dinner at Amsterdams (MMMM crab cake and avocado sandwich) and then out to Sky Bar.  Saturday was a full day of tailgating, watching football, shaking our orange and blue poms and telling other fans "War Eagle!"

Auburn is such a quintessential college town and in my opinion, was the best place to spend those four years of my life!  I loved being a college student there- living at Edge West, going to Bodega, and always being with my bff's.  However, I have realized, that I love being an alumni just as much.  There is something so exciting about pulling in on game weekends and just feeling the energy of being an Auburn fan.  I was standing at our tailgate yesterday looking around and it hit me just how proud I am to be an Auburn tiger.  It's a great school, all the fans are so kind and friendly (it's that southern hospitality!), and it is a beautiful campus.  We have such unique traditions like rolling Toomer's corner, Hey Day, and our eagle flying that just make being an Auburn fan so fun!  (Oh, and we are the defending national champs!)  I was so happy yesterday being in my favorite city on the Plains with some of my favorite people.  I hope one day I will have kids who go to Auburn (sorry Richie!!) so they can experience how wonderful it is as well!

WAR EAGLE!
Our tree may be dying, but our tradition is still alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment