Sunday, September 11, 2011

Proud to be an American

Ten years ago today, I was a senior in high school.  I walked into Milton after coming from peer mentorship and heard that a plane had crashed into a building from my friends as we talked while walking down the halls.  I went into Coach Allen's class and the tv was on.  I remember us all staring at the screen as the newscaster was confirming what I had just heard.  I remember even more so, being horrified as I watched the second plane crash into the tower while we watched the coverage live and even at 18 years old, knowing in the back of my mind that our world would never be the same.  I hope we all take a moment today to remember all the men and women who were killed in those buildings and on all the planes that day.  I hope we remember the brave men and women who risked their own lives to go in and try to save others.  I hope we feel that same surge of pride for our country like we all did in the days, weeks, and months following
9-11-01.  May we always be proud to be Americans and respect the policemen and firefighters who protect us as well as all the servicemen and women who fight daily for our freedom.  God bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment