Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Christmas Eve to remember...

My family usually does the "typical" Christmas Eve...go to church and then either go out to a nice dinner or go back to my parents house to a delicious meal my mom had made. This year it was just my parents and Richie and me, since Robbie and Laura were with her parents, so I felt like we should change things up a little. I have been having this feeling in my heart lately that I should start giving back more and volunteering, so I figured what better time than Christmas Eve? I did some research and found Safe House- a Christian organization in downtown Atlanta that provides food for the homeless.  I contacted someone in their organization and we were good to go!
So this year, we went to church a little earlier than normal and then headed downtown to Safe House.  We made dinner for 150 homeless people and then helped serve it to them.  All the people there were so appreciative of the food and were saying Thank you and God Bless as you passed it out to them...  Things like that really help put life into perspective.  I am thankful for the chance to volunteer there, and for all that I have been blessed with.

No comments:

Post a Comment