Friday, December 23, 2011

I said yes!....4 years ago :)

Four years ago today, I woke up in Dothan, AL after one of my best friends Stephanie's weddings.  Richie (who was then my boyfriend) and I drove back to Atlanta, anxious to get home for the holidays. We got home and I was exhausted.  I had driven to Dothan straight from school earlier in the week to help Stephanie with last minute wedding details and frankly, all I wanted to do was go to sleep.  Richie had informed me on the way home though that we had to go to dinner with his parents.  While I love his family, I was secretly wishing I could just have a quiet night in. :) Little did I know my attitude would change!
We got to the house I lived at with 3 other girls who were already at home with their families for Christmas.  It was in Buckhead, but on a back street with a huge backyard and patio, so you almost didn't feel in the city.  I hung out for a little bit and then went to get ready for dinner.  As I was walking to get Richie, he called to me from the back door and asked me to come into the back yard.  As soon as I walked out there, I knew something was going on.  There were lights strung all over the place and it was "snowing." (Yes he made it snow in my backyard- how precious is that???)  He started talking and before I knew it, he was down on one knee.  I immediately said Yes!
I then found out that we weren't just meeting his parents for dinner but both of our families to celebrate our new engagement! I definitely changed my mind about wanting a quiet night in after that excitement.

I am so thankful for that night four years ago.  I am thankful that the love of my life asked me to marry him...and that I said yes!

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Ali... Your beautiful marriage gives me hope :)

    ReplyDelete