Friday, December 23, 2011

Polar Express Day

OK so I am technically skipping Wednesday and being thankful for two things that took place on Thursday, which will be the next two posts.  That's ok, right? :)

We had Polar Express Day on Thursday in 1st grade this year.  This brilliant idea came to us last week and I think it will be a new tradition for our grade! The kids all wore pajamas to school (we did too of course!) and we watched the movie in the morning and then did activities to go with the movie in the afternoon.  I made pancakes and hot chocolate for my class before the movie and then sent them to another class to listen to the story.  While the were gone, we moved the desks and arranged the chairs in rows so it was set up like a train.  We had both classes come in and show us their "Polar Express tickets" to enter the train to watch the movie.  All in all, it was a pretty great day in first grade!

I am thankful for the fun Polar Express Day we had and for my job that allows me to have so much fun while working!

No comments:

Post a Comment