Friday, August 19, 2011

Wingardium levioso

If you don't get the reference in my title, then you are not a Harry Potter fan like I am! I LOVE Harry Potter and am not ashamed to admit it! I am normally not into all the "magic", etc kind of books, but when I was a freshmen in college, I saw the preview for the second HP movie (Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets) and wanted to see it, but figured I should see the first one (Harry Potter and the Sorcerers Stone) first. So, I watched the first one and loved it- then I saw the second one, I think literally like the next day and I was hooked. From there, I read all the books as soon as they came out and saw all the movies (which are not even a comparison to the books). Richie and I finally (I have been so anxious to see it!) went to see it tonight. As corky as this may sound, I looked at Richie when we got in there and told him,"I have been waiting almost ten years for this." I must say, while I previously stated the movies do not do justice, this one actually did a really good job. Part of the reason the movies aren't as fabulous is because there is so much detail in the books that has to be left out to make it a 2 hour movie. I've been saying all along that they need to make 2 movies per book, and when they finally did with Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, it made a huge improvement on the quality of movie compared to the book. Anyways off that soapbox... As silly as it sounds, I am thankful for Harry Potter. I have enjoyed every minute of reading the series and watching the movies and I can't wait for the day when I have a child that can get lost in Hogwarts through the books themself.

And yes, I do know that I am being s huge nerd!

No comments:

Post a Comment