Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Inspiration

There is a family at my school that I have been close to since my first year at Creek View. The mom has breast cancer in this family devastatingly has breast cancer. This woman is one of the kindest, most Godly women I have ever met.  She has 4 children in elementary school, is battling this horrible disease, and instead of moping and wallowing like so many of us do with our "problems", she is praising her Lord and Savior.

I got an update from her caring bridge page today and it truly just made me stop and think about how blessed I am in my life.  I am making it my goal to stop and count my blessings instead of all the things that are "wrong" and I encourage you to do the same!

Here is an excerpt from her post along with a link to a beautiful song.  Enjoy!

My prayer for you is that you stop & take time today to Thank God for what He has given you & how He's blessed your lives! There is a beautiful song called "Blessings" by Laura Story that many of you may have heard. Please take a moment to listen to or watch this and think about your day and all the ways there may be "hidden blessings". God is so good and He can and will use Rain, tears, trials, storms and so much more to draw us closer to Him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CSVqHcdhXQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

No comments:

Post a Comment