Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Vegetable Beef Stew

It is cold and nasty out, which means it is time for....vegetable beef stew!!  Here is my super-simple recipe:

Brown your beef (you can usually buy it already chopped for stew).  If you keep it in skillet a little longer, it will be even more tender.

Put beef, 2 cans of tomato sauce (or 4 mini cans like I did), large can of Veg-All, chopped potatoes, and any other veggies you want.  I usually add an extra can of green beans, lima beans, and corn to mine.  Add any water that it may also need.  I usually make mine in my dutch oven, but since we have kickball tonight, I am putting it in the crock pot.

Cook for about 1-2 hours depending on how "done" you want all your veggies to be. 

Enjoy!!

I am thankful for one of my favorite comfort foods- vegetable beef stew!

No comments:

Post a Comment