Sunday, October 30, 2011

mini ham and swiss poppy seed sandwiches

One of my favorite things my mom would make for us growing up were these delicious ham and swiss sandwiches.  We would always have them once it started getting cool out and eat them alongside soup.  I made them for Richie when we first got married and they quicky became one of his favorites too.  They are super easy and super yummy!

They no longer carry the rolls you use, so any time of pre-made (not frozen) dinner rolls will work.  I use potato rolls.  Cut the rolls in half and put a mayo-mustard mix on both sides of the bread.  Put thinly sliced ham and baby swiss on each sandwich.  Melt better and spread on the tops of all the sandwiches.  Sprinkle poppy seeds on top of the melted butter.  Bake at 350 for about 7-10 minutes.

I am thankful for these yummy sandwiches from my childhood!  I hope you enjoy them as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment