Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year

I am thankful for a new year!  Last year was good, but new years are always exciting because they are a fresh start and you never know what they may bring! I always do the cliche resolutions like lose weight, etc, but this year, I have simply one resolution.  Better myself.  I mean that in all aspects of my life.  I want to eat healthier and exercise more of course, but that is not my sole resolution.  I want to be a better wife, daughter, sister, friend, and teacher, but still not my only resolution.  I want to simply do and be better. 
The way I plan to do that is to try and live more like the Lord wants me to.  I know that God tells me my "body is a temple" 1 Corinthians 6:19-20, so in knowing that I will eat healthier and exercise because the Lord made me to take care of myself.  The bible tells us to "Be kind and loving to each other, and forgive each other just as God forgave you in Christ." Ephesians 4:32.  By remembering that, surely I can be better to the people around me. 
 I am thankful for a new year and the chance to better myself through my resolution.  What are your New Years resolutions??

No comments:

Post a Comment