Friday, May 6, 2011

Hello!

Hello everyone reading my blog (all 2 of you I am sure!) I consider myself a pretty happy-go-lucky person, but sometimes I feel like I don't take time to appreciate all the people and things in my life.  In order to remedy this, I have decided to start a blog and name one thing each day that I am thankful for.  Some will be serious and I'm sure many will be silly, but I am going to attempt to come up with different things each day.  Surely I have 365 things to be thankful for, right?? 
For my first one, I will start off with something I am sure we are ALL thankful for- Friday's! I am lucky enough to have a job that I adore, but there is something about a Friday afternoon when all of my students have left and I get just a moment of silence....ahhh! Fridays to me have the allure of the weekend to come- sleeping in on Saturday, church on Sunday, and hopefully some time with friends and family in there as well!  This Friday, my wonderful sister-in-law and I are going to see the movie "Something Borrowed" (loved the book!) while our hubbies play golf.  Then we will meet up with them for dinner; hopefully somewhere with a patio. Yes we are old married couples, but it sounds like a pretty perfect Friday to me! I hope you all are thankful for your Friday as well... Have a great one!

2 comments: