Sunday, May 22, 2011

our church

Richie and I have been going to Stonecreek Church for about a year and a half and we abolutely love it!  Our preacher is amazing, there are a lot of young people who attend and while Richie may not always agree, I love the music! Lately though, I have been feeling like I want to give back and do more there, but Richie and I are gone so often on the weekends that I did not want to jump into something I couldn't commit to.  However,I decided that was a silly reason to not volunteer, so I recently signed up to be on the Food and Beverage committee.  You volunteer once a month with this team, which fits into our hectic life!  So this morning, I had my debut as a "coffee maker" for our church!  You would not believe how much coffee gets made for all the workers, members and guests of the church- I had to be there at 8 to start making it and we weren't finished until after 9!  Today I am thankful to be part of a church that Richie and I can continue to grow with and get more involved in!

1 comment: