Tuesday, May 17, 2011

memory verse

I am doing a memory verse "challenge" through Beth Moore's (love her!) blog.  Basically, you have to comment on her post on the 1st and 15th of each month with a new verse.  Then, you memorize it (hence the memory verse part) with the idea being you will memorize 24 new bible verses over the year.  I have had a crazy, hectic day today and I took a few minutes after my kids left to find my new verse and enter it on her site.  It is amazing how you can go from feeling so frazzled to calm in an instant when you immerse yourself in God's word.  It was just what I needed this afternoon and I am thankful for my memory verses that I can pull out of my mind right when I need them...

In case you're curious, this is the verse I picked today:
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith, and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God.” Ephesians 2:8
Enjoy!

2 comments: