Friday, May 13, 2011

"to practice day by day love, honor, truth"

Today I am thankful for my sorority, Phi Mu! You're probably thinking that is a random thing to be thankful for at 27 years old (as I am obviously not still in college and an active Phi Mu), but the reason I am thankful for Phi Mu is for the friendships it has brought me! When I went to Auburn and went through rush,I felt at home the second I walked into Phi Mu.  I had never met a group of girls more like me and all the pink didn't hurt either! :) I never would have dreamed though that I would make the types of friendships that I did in the next four years.  These girls will all have their own separate posts (and one was already part of one as the female member of the Harrison's), so I won't go too much into each of them personally today, but I can say that they are some of the best friends I ever could have dreamed of having.  They have been there through a LOT of fun and crazy times, some sad times,  some very special times (my wedding!) and I truly know that my life be different (and not nearly as good) if they were not in it.  We have been graduated for five years now and live in different cities (Bryn is the only one in Atlanta with me), but we are all still as close as when we lived within 5 minutes of one another.  We have the type of friendship where I know we will be old ladies and still calling ourselves "the divas." I am especially thankful for Phi Mu for bringing me these unbelievable friends today because they are all coming in town this weekend for a girls weekend!  I have had a smile on my face all day thinking about seeing all of them this afternoon! So, thank you Phi Mu for giving me such incredible best friends and "sisters".

LIOB,
Ali

2 comments:

  1. Just so you know- I don't have a ton of typos- the exclamation points look like l's with this font!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ALI!! You made a sista cry!! I love you so much and couldn't imagine my life without you in it, LIOB~ JDawg

    ReplyDelete